Thursday, October 6, 2011

Last days of summer

The last weekend was a gorgeous one here. Almost like summer, except that you can smell Fall in the air. The light has changed. It gets chilly when the sun goes down, and the sun goes down so much sooner now. Sigh.




It was also a busy weekend, involving me selling lots of outgrown baby clothes (buying a great big box of Lego along the way) and my husband finishing the tile in the biggest basement room (yay!). So as a treat we did Stockbrot one night: bread on a stick. A simple yeast dough, much like a pizza dough, that you twirl around a stick and roast over the open fire.




The boys had a blast. Much of the actual roasting was done by my husband and my dad, both for safety reasons but also because the kids though it required stitting still for way too long. They preferred running around the yard and eating the finished bread. Yum.



Summer is definetely over now. I'm glad we got to enjoy the last bits of it.

2 comments:

  1. Hallo,
    das sieht nach wunderschönen letzten Sommertagen aus!
    Ein schönes WE,
    viele liebe Grüße,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm Stockbrot. Schon sehr lang her dass ich das mal selbst gemacht hab ;)

    ReplyDelete

I don't know about you, but I love reading comments. That's a hint for you to leave one, btw. Not that I'm begging here. But I do love hearing from you...