Saturday, June 2, 2012

{the simple things} lakeside picnic lunch

One of the best things about Bavaria (after the gorgeous landscape and the beer, as the Mr. would point out) is the food.

Oh my.

You don't even have to visit a restaurant for that (although I highly recommend doing so daily. That's what vacations are for, right?). One of my favorite simple things this week was a enjoying a simple lakeside picnic lunch, consisting of fresh strawberries, soft pretzels (Brezn) and the best yogurt around.


I'm picky about my yogurt. We usually make our own, and my kids eat it plain with homemade jam or fruit. I never buy strawberry yogurt, because let's face it, there simply isn't much strawberry in a strawberry yogurt. Well, that's different here. We found one tiny local store that carries a local brand of yogurt that is simply yogurt, nothing added other than some strawberries and a little bit of sugar. Yum.


And really, what else do you need with a view like this?



It was even warm enough for bare feet in the lake. That and all of their shoes and pants had gotten wet already. Sigh. What is it with boys and water? They can't stay dry for two minutes once they're within sight of the tiniest puddle.


We had a little visitor trying to get her share of lunch, too.



I'm missing picnics at the lake already, although I do hope we might be able to have a last one tomorrow. Linking up with Rebecca's simple things sunday.



Happy Sunday!
Swenja

6 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous. I love that crystal-clear water slipping over little toes!

    Thanks for your nice comments today. It was fun to follow them here and find you--and I am extra-enthralled because I have a deep fondness for Germany, and especially Bavaria. I spent a year in Germany (then-West Berlin) as a child and learned to read & write German before English. I've been back many times since with my family...and my absolute favorite spot in the world is Kochel-am-See in Bavaria, a little outside Munich. Just thinking about it makes me breathe deeply, and your pictures made me want to go there right now, today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing but ....lovely!!! I like bringing our own food on picnics too, pretzels are a great idea!

    I haven't made my own yogurt ever, but my mother-in-law makes hers and I have the recipe. it's tricky isn't it? with the tempeture etc?

    wonderful pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we would much rather head to a lake and mountains than a beach for vacation. and a picnic would be a perfect way to pass some time. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! What a beautiful place to picnic! Looks like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, look at those little piggies! So sweet! Thank you for stopping by Anna & Co. and taking the time to comment. Blessings, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is gorgeous!! The water and the baby feet... I swoon.

    ReplyDelete

I don't know about you, but I love reading comments. That's a hint for you to leave one, btw. Not that I'm begging here. But I do love hearing from you...