Sunday, October 7, 2012

{the simple things} flower boy

Last weekend we went to my brother-in-law's wedding. After the beautiful ceremony, little brother got to be the flower boy.

He walked down the aisle, very slowly. One step after the other. Dropping one rose petal after the other. Slowly. Very slowly. And very, very deliberately.



When two petals stuck together, he would pause, trying to take them apart so that he would only be dropping one petal at a time.

Needless to say, it took a while. But it also made everyone in the church smile - that little boy, so very focussed and immersed in what he set out to do.

I was very proud of my little one.

And we're wishing his uncle all the best in the world for his marriage!

Happy Sunday,
Swenja

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable. What a precious memory!

    They do this after the ceremony? Here it's always at the beginning...how fascinating.

    He's really very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

I don't know about you, but I love reading comments. That's a hint for you to leave one, btw. Not that I'm begging here. But I do love hearing from you...