Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Little brother's new coffeemaker

It'll be little brother's birthday soon. Well, in March actually, but to me that's soon. So I've been looking for gifts. He loves his play kitchen and makes coffee in it for me every day. It's a great way to keep him busy when you need those last five minutes to finish cooking dinner or talk on the phone: "Sweetie, could you make mommy a cup of coffee, please?". He runs off and makes all sorts of noises in his kitchen, then comes back with one of those ugly blue plastic cups from a sandbox play set.

So look what I got:

Isn't it gorgeous? I'm so excited. Crazy, I know. I thought he could use a coffeemaker. Not one of those traditional ones though, he wouldn't know what it is.

He needs something more like an espresso machine. Of course those are available in children's sizes, too.

Modeled after the leading brands. Of course.

And they blink and beep and make all sorts of noises. Of course.

But then I saw this one. It doesn't make a sound. It has no blinking buttons to press. No water tank. No plastic.

You see, little brother loves pretending. He can pretend there's a coffeemaker where there is nothing. So I'm sure he can pretend this one makes noises, too. And I don't want him to lose that ability.


Besides, it just looks cool. It's all solid wood (even the cup and spoon). And it just fits perfectly in their play kitchen:







Oh, and did I mention it was not even 6 EUR? (pssst, it's on sale at here)

Now I want a cup of coffee!

Cheers,
Swenja

6 comments:

  1. Love it! No noise is a dream. Solid wood. Inexpensive. You have a winner,dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, you know, in case he doesn't want it I'll put in my kitchen and make pretend coffee. Love it!

      Delete
  2. Such a cool coffee maker! My kids would both love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little coffee maker is so sweet, I would sit it on my desk.
    I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh mu little girl would DIEto have a little kitchen like this one! I love the coffee maker. I ahd a small kitchen made for her and she has her wooden utensils and other sweet things but THIS is too much! Me encanta!
    xo
    clau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an Ikea kitchen my in-laws bought for the kids Christmas two years ago. It's used daily! Since it's in the living room I'm glad it's not so kitschy... ;)

      Delete

I don't know about you, but I love reading comments. That's a hint for you to leave one, btw. Not that I'm begging here. But I do love hearing from you...