Sunday, May 27, 2012

{the simple things} flowering herbs

Summer is here. I always wish for that in January and February, but then it always takes me by surprise. But finally, summer really is here. It's sunny and warm, time for sandals, sunscreen and having dinner on the porch. Lovely.

So this week's simple thing are some humble flowering herbs in my garden. Nothing spectacular, just some plain old chives and thyme. You see, I don't particularly like anything purple, but my herb garden is the one exception to the rule. Thyme, sage, chives and so many other herbs have purple blossoms, and so they're allowed to take over that one flower bed.

I have to admit, it does look pretty.





What's your favorite color in flower beds? Do you plant by color at all? What about herbs?

Happy Sunday and thanks to everyone stopping by from the simple things - your comments mean so much to me. I love participating every Sunday.





Cheers,
Swenja

4 comments:

  1. It is almost winter on my side of the world. I love summer, make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chives! and I love purple - great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodness, they are like flowers! Really pretty is right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my purple obsessed daughter would love your garden! so pretty! i really need to plant my veggies, but it's so darn hot so early around here.

    ReplyDelete

I don't know about you, but I love reading comments. That's a hint for you to leave one, btw. Not that I'm begging here. But I do love hearing from you...