Sunday, May 13, 2012

{the simple things} a hug for daddy

Little brother is just not a morning person. Especially when he's slept a little longer and on top of that didn't have a big dinner, so by the time breakfast comes, he's starving. And cranky. Quite cranky, actually.

This photo has actually been taken on Easter morning, but I haven't had a chance to share it yet. Little brother wasn't in the best mood for the egg hunt - one thing too much between him and his breakfast I guess. So once we got a few eggs, he preferred to go inside and make breakfast with daddy.


When they had the rolls in the oven, daddy got a huge big hug. Awwwwww....

Linking up with the simple things today.



I have to admit that I failed miserably at the challenge to actually have a photo of myself twice before Mother's Day. I don't even have one. Maybe I need to make this a challenge here on my blog, like a self portrait once a month or so. Any other advice on getting out from behind the camera? Experiment with self timer? Give a photography crash course to your loved ones so maybe they take a decent shot of you? Or simply stop worrying about whether you like a photo of yourself or not and just focus on the fact that there should be some photos of mommy, too? What has worked for you?

Happy Mother's Day!
Swenja

6 comments:

  1. That's sucha precious photo. Happy Mothers Day too! PS, tip on getting behind the camera---tripod or the self timer or a wireless remote shutter. My camera can't accommodate a wireless shutter (it's only a Canon 1100D), so I make do with the tripod, but most times it's the self timer. Put it on Manual Focus, set it at a small aperture, pre-focus on something, set timer and run to the spot! Something like that :) Check out the andersonfamilycrew.blogspot.com.au. She has an "embrace the camera" link up that encourages mums to get behind the camera time and again. :) all the best! have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! Such a sweet picture. I think you need to do that...make a point to get a picture...even if it means posing it with a tripod and self timer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet moment!

    Hugs are the best.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet pic - Happy Mother´s day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet moment captured.

    Hope you really enjoyed your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL shot, just beautifully sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I don't know about you, but I love reading comments. That's a hint for you to leave one, btw. Not that I'm begging here. But I do love hearing from you...